Citrus Punch Quinoa Salad: serves 4-5
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 and 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup canned lentils (BPA free), rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, minced
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 lime zested and 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 cup + 2 TBP olive oil
- 1 TBP maple syrup
1. In a pot, add in the water and quinoa. Bring to a boil. Then let simmer for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and let it stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, make the dressing. Grab a jar and mix together the olive oil, maple syrup, salt, orange juice, lime juice, and lime zest. Shake to mix.
3. Once the quinoa has cooled add in the lentils, chopped pepper, parsley and orange. Add in the dressing and mix. Enjoy.